Whole School Inspection September 2014
The Independent Schools Inspectorate spent a week in September 2014 visiting Braeside to inspect the school’s provision. This inspection took place under the previous ownership of the school, a year before Braeside was taken over by The Oak-Tree Group.
We were delighted to read the numerous comments in the report that support and acknowledge the many positive achievements Braeside has made in recent years. With such rigorous criteria for inspections nowadays this is a far higher standard than the national trend. Some quotes that are particularly worth noting are as follows:
- Almost all children in the EYFS reach or exceed the expected levels of development for their age.
- Attainment in the junior and senior schools is above the national average.
- Highly engaging teaching ensures that pupils are generally interested, enthusiastic learners.
- The personal development of the pupils is excellent.
- Over time, the pupils develop into responsible young individuals who are self-aware and thoughtful.
- Pupils’ personal development is strongly supported by their very good relationships with staff.
- In many lessons, teaching is stimulating and inspirational.
- The school is very successful in creating and sustaining a constructive relationship with parents.