Art and Design
We have a broad and vibrant Art and Design curriculum throughout the school to stimulate creativity and imagination. Our curriculum provides a visual, tactile and sensory experience, and a special way of understanding and responding to the world.
Through Art and Design our pupils are able to communicate what they see, feel and think through the use of colour, texture, form, pattern and different materials and processes.
By the end of Early Years children develop;
- Opportunities to explore different media
- Mark making
- Play and exploratory learning
- An appreciation of artists’ work
By the end of the Infants, in addition to all of the above pupils will have developed;
- Fine motor skills
- Drawing and mark making
- Design and planning skills
- Colour theory
- An ability to mix colours
- An extension of learning through cross curricular links
Art and Design activities include drawing, painting, printmaking, collage, 3D, ICT, model making and cooking. Development is measured by observing pupils, giving verbal feedback, questioning and written feedback.