We have a fully-equipped ICT suite with the latest computers and several banks of laptops that enable interactive learning during lessons. The Fibre Optic internet connection allows for speedy surfing. We also have a set of iPad that can be used in the classroom to further learning opportunities. All pupils from Reception upwards are helped to develop their computer skills and cross-curricular links.
ICT lessons in Years 1 and 2 build on the skills learned in Kindergarten. The curriculum is very broad and covers:
- Keyboard skills
- Understanding and using various software packages
- Learning about algorithms
- Data handling (representing information graphically)
- Finding information (internet search engines)
- Control technology (roamers)
- Writing stories using Word and Cloud-based programs.