FOBS (Friends of Braeside School)
Why does Braeside have a Parents’ Association?
Friends of Braeside School (FOBS) is here to enhance every child’s experience at school by giving them a little extra. We raise money to provide additional resources that make your child’s time at school fun and give pupils, teachers and parents a sense of pride of being a part of the Braeside community. Every parent is automatically a member of FOBS.
What do we do?
We support Braeside students’ learning by providing additional resources that enrich their school experience. We organise and co-ordinate fundraising events such as the summer fete, Christmas Fayre, wine and cheese tasting evening and quiz nights.
What do we spend our money on?
Braeside pupils have benefited from the following recent donations from FOBS fundraising activities:
- Braeside Minibus
- A large gazebo to provide an all-weather playing experience
- Smart boards for classrooms
- Provision of laptops
- A trail of outside gym equipment in the Senior grounds
- Annual activities
- New playground markings
- Provision of iPads
The Oak-Tree Group
From time to time, all four Oak-Tree schools’ Parents’ Associations join together for major events. We recently hosted a firework display for over 900 children and held a highly-successful black tie Summer Ball for all parents with children at the four schools.
How can you become involved?
We want you to become involved; below are just a few examples of how you can support FOBS’s fundraising activities:
- Attend organised fund raising events that take place throughout the year; they are a fun and informal way of meeting other parents and being a part of the Braeside community.
- Provide uniform items that your child has outgrown for the second hand uniform sales. The sale of these items raises money for the school.
- Volunteer to help with the fundraising events, run a stall or provide items to sell or raffle.
- Become a member of the FOBS committee, we always welcome new members, whether as committee members or as volunteers for individual events or activities. We hope to see you soon!
We would be delighted if you were able to share your ideas of new ways to raise funds for the school.
Where and when does the FOBS meet?
Meetings take place every half term and are announced on the school calendar. The New Parents Evening is in September and the AGM is in November.
Take this opportunity to be a part of the school community and ensure your child benefits from a little bit extra. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.